What is re-engineering?
Re-engineering is a process of rebuilding existing applications to add functionality, improve performance, reliability, and maintainability.
The main purpose of this process is to update the software by creating a new better version to support the needs and updated with the latest sophisticated technology.
How do we implement re-engineering?
- Collects the documents for the analysis phase.
- Collects the Data(s) for developing & testing phase.
- Preparing project plan & schedule.
- Business analysis
- Create mockup
- Design Requirement (DR)
- Internal review of DR
- External review of DR
- Revise the document (if any)
- Developing the requirements based on DR document
- Create Functional Test Script
- Execution Functional Test Script
- Create a Test Coverage Matrix (TCM) for Integration Test
- Execution Scenario based on TCM
- User Training Plan & User Guide
- System Maintenance Guideline
- Execution User Acceptance Test (UAT)
- Deployment Apps During UAT Phase
- Deployment Apps During Trial Phase
- Deployment Apps During Go-live Phase
- Cutover Sign-Off
What will we deliver?
- Design & Analysis: Layout & User scenario
- Programming: Code, Executable Program
- Unit Testing: Summary of Unit Testing Plan & Results
- System Integration Test (SIT): SIT Scenario, SIT execution, Summary of SIT Incidents
- User Acceptance Test: Summary of UAT Incidents
- Preparation of Go Live: Installation/Deployment Guide Documents, User Manual Documents